ADMISSION OF STUDENTS
The Texas Baptist Institute & Seminary admits students of varying educational levels. It accepts any student who can read and write and seeks to train himself to be a worthwhile worker. No person shall, on the grounds of race, color or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity of this school. Application for admission to enroll in the school should be addressed to the Registrar, Texas Baptist Institute & Seminary, P.O. Box 570, Henderson, Texas 75653-0570. Applications should be submitted thirty (30) days before the beginning of any term, if possible. There is a $35.00 (non refundable) application fee which should accompany the application, along with a signed consent form to perform background check (required). Anyone may enroll to audit selected classes by submitting an audit enrollment application, paying a $35.00 (non refundable) filing fee and agreeing to a background check (required).
TRANSFER OF CREDITS
Texas Baptist Institute & Seminary accepts credits from other schools on their merit and as they may equate to the curricula requirements. All students with schooling beyond high school should furnish the Dean with a transcript of course credits earned from other schools. Credit for such previous education will be determined by the Dean and made a matter of record in the student’s file. The acceptance of credits from this school by other schools is optional with schools to which the transfer may be made. All schools within the Association of American Baptist Theological Schools do recognize credits of the other schools.
FEES, FINANCES AND OTHER CHARGES
Texas Baptist Institute & Seminary is supported by Calvary Baptist Church and other congregations for the purpose of preparing students, primarily God-called ministers and other Christian workers, for the churches of the American Baptist Association. For this reason, students from those churches are provided assistance for their education.
FEES AND TUITION
- AN APPLICATION FEE of thirty-five dollars ($35.00 – non-refundable) must accompany the initial application of all prospective students.
- A TERM FEE of twenty-five ($25.00) per term is charged all students.
- A TECHNOLOGY FEE of twenty-five ($25.00) per term is charged all students.
- TUITION is one hundred dollars ($125.00) per credit hour per term.
- A LOGOS Fee of approximately three hundred and seventy-five dollars ($375) is assessed each degree-seeking student enrolled.
- AUDIT FEES: a thirty-five dollar ($35.00) application fee must accompany the initial application of all prospective students. An audit fee of fifty dollars ($50.00) per course is accessed for all audited courses.
- ABA TUITION DISCOUNT:
- On-campus students who have been a member of a church affiliating with the American Baptist Association for at least three (3) months may apply for a tuition discount This discount is 75% off the per credit hour tuition.
- SDL students who have been a member of a church affiliating with the American Baptist Association for at least three (3) months may apply for a tuition discount This discount is 50% off the per credit hour tuition.
- MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIPS: Several Memorial Scholarships are awarded each year.
- G.I.BILL: Military veterans are eligible to apply for educational benefits under Section 3676 Chapter 36 Title 38 United States Code.
Refund of tuition and fees will be made to withdrawing students as follows: during the first week, 90% refund; second week, 80% refund; third week, 70% refund; fourth week, 60% refund. There will be no refund after the fourth week. In the case of a veteran enrolled under the G.I. Bill who fails to enter school after enrollment, or withdraws, or is discontinued prior to completion of the term, a pro-rata portion of the amount paid for tuition and fees will be refunded in compliance with section 1776 © (13) of title 38.
With the exception of the ABA Tuition Discount provided by the supporting churches of the American Baptist Association, students are personally responsible for all fees, books and living expenses.
CREDIT & EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT
Area businesses generally give special consideration to TBI students needing credit or employment. The school appreciates this and must have the full cooperation of the student body to maintain good community relationships. Therefore, all students are required to honor all commitments which they or their spouses may make to any business in the area as a customer, prospective employee, or as an employee. Specifically, they must agree not to accept any employment offer which they do not intend to fulfill, to clear all absences with the employer in advance, to give at least a two week notice, if at all possible, before leaving their jobs, and to honorably settle all credit accounts opened with local businesses.